header

Monday 23 January 2012

Card Creativity



I’ve already begun this year’s card making. It starts slowly with a couple of birthdays in January. So inconsiderate of people to have babies at this time of the year, so close on the heels of Christmas but what can you do. No seriously having made loads of Christmas cards its weird going back to Birthday and other celebratory cards.

I’ve begun this year with making up some of the kits and bits that I bought last year. I’ve always loved the ‘Docraft’ stuff its well made and its paper is of an excellent quality. Not only that, but their themes are varied, sometimes cute and whimsical but always beautifully made.Ialso love the Docraft magazine its so informative and covers such a broad range of craft items the only problem is I find, it’s not widely available.



This Magazines great covers so much


This time I have opted for the Tulip Kit designs. I was attracted to them because there was a lovely topper with a gondolier on it, which reminded me of a great holiday spent in Italy two summers back. I might well use that design for a Valentines Day card, well see
This is a sample of the Tulip design
Anyway, I have used two stepper card decoupage kits and a few assorted toppers. You could however opt for the same designs in stamps, which many might find more appealing and versatile. I wanted to take advantage of the buy two get third free offers which many outlets were doing last year.  I also made use of the lovely A5 linen paper pack which compliment these sets. Of course I also made use of  various ribbons and stick on jewel stones from my own stocks 

See below some of the designs made up

A few of the made up cards












Here are just a couple of sample cards






















1 comment: