|Three of the dies I purchased|
Anyway I decided to try some of the scalloped rectangles to make up some cards, which you can see below.
|As you may spot no dies used here|
I also used this opportunity to try out a technique Shelia from our crafting group introduced us all to last Tuesday. We used chalk based ink pads and scrunched up cling film to create sponge effect backgrounds. I think its a lovely technique and so simple, just scrunch up a piece of cling film and then using the light colours first sponge ink in short patting type moves over the paper/card surface. Gradually build up your colours to create the effect you want. I used different purple tones as well as greens and reds.
|A close up so you can see the sponge effect and the gems on the Alium head|
After I made the backgrounds above I then used a an Alium Clarity Stamp to give a central image. I then mounted the card onto paper from my paper stock and embellished the image with gems. I finally added a sentiment to complete the cards.
I like the die cuts and the sponge effect so I think both will probably feature again in my card making and scrapbooking.