header

Sunday 29 April 2012

Pages and Pages and Pages

Whilst my daughter was home from University over Easter we were looking at some photos on her laptop. We had been trying to find some shot for her Grandmother that either she or I had taken over the summer holidays last year. Sadly we couldn't find it.

However, whilst trolling through loads of shots we came across some pictures taken at Wisely Gardens.  I was really surprised as they were pictures I had taken. "Where", I said, "did you get these pictures from". It transpired I had down loaded them to her laptop whilst we had been out for some reason but  then had forgotten to downloaded them again to our home computer.

Well having discovered my mistake I got them printed off and the other day managed to make up the missing scrapbook pages.

I thought you might like to have a look at the pages. I must say I rather like them. I found it particularity rewarding sitting  making them up with the rain belting down outside. The fact that they look all bright and sunny made me feel quite cheery, they reminded me summers on its way. Well I  hope it is.    

This shot was taken in the apple orchard in the kitchen garden


For the above page I used a basic Stampin Up Wasabi green 12x12 card on to which I placed a DCWV die cut border. The borders are actually from the Holiday Specialty Die Cut stack but I think they are all fairly versatile, well so long as you stay away from the snowflake ones. (ha! ha!) 

In the centre of the border area I placed a scalloped edge square of card which I had distressed using the Tim Holtz distress ink Forest Moss. I also used the same distress ink around another die cut piece of card I had from the DCWV stack  and I placed this  behind the photos at an angle.

To add colour I  added some small tonal strips of patterned paper to the left of the photos and to the right some adhesive sentiments. Finally I added some flowers I had cut out of a wallpaper sample and some lettering for a title.          

For the next page I used a grey green back ground sheet onto which I mounted a sheet of Stampin up paper which I had cut out in a scalloped shape. I used a little distress ink as I had used in the previous page to soften the edges of the paper. I mounted the photos on a contrasting piece of darker grey green card. I also used some scraps of paper from my stash including some Tim Holtz paper. to add colour and dimension to the page before adding the photo. 

To decorate/embellish the page I used so stick on flowers and sentiments plus some pieces of die cut green paper which I had used when trying out one of my memory box dies the other day. I always try to make use of all my bits and pieces I do so hate waste.  To finish the page I simply added the title.   
In the green house a curtain  of Passion Flowers


This picture below was taken in the same place as the above photo and it shows the lovely Passion flowers awful shame I chose to poke my nose through the foliage. For this page I again made use of numerous scraps of paper, ribbon, flowers, buttons  and die cut swirls I had cut out some time ago for another project.Considering its merely from scraps I rather like the end result.

I tried to get the same tone for the flower embellishments as the Passion Flower

Outside the Main doors of the R.H.S offices




I
For this page I used a 12x12 sheet of DCWV Neutrals textured card stock . I then used various odds and ends of card I had in my stash plus some border strips from K& Co which I had bought some time ago for an earlier project. 

I mounted the picture it self on a piece of brown wrapping paper which had originally been wrapped around some tulips I bought my mother from Sainsbury's. I know that might sound odd but it attracted my attention because  it had words inked all over it about flowers and abundant blooms and fragrant flowers.I thought was so appropriate for this project. As I had torn the paper I then distressed it with some Tim Holtz inks 

I mounted the photos at a slight angle on the main sheet and then added a stick on stencil strip of twining leaves along side it on the left. To add more dimension I twisted and plaited some raffia strips which I placed alongside the photo. To finish I used some butterflies and a title.  






I hope you like these few pages and they may help you remember in this horrid weather that summer is around the corner

No comments:

Post a Comment