header

Friday 15 June 2012

Things to do with an Axe

When looking through photos to include in my daughters this is your life book I found this shot and I thought it is a must. Its the face of innocence appearing to be armed to the teeth with an enormous axe. It makes me chuckle.

 

 To create this page I used a sheet of basic blue 12 x 12 card which I distressed around the outer edges using Tim Holtz Distress inks in blues and greens. I then cut strips of assorted scraps of blue patterned paper I had in my stash some from Stampin Up series and others from Papermainia series. I cut these 10" long strips in a wedge like shapes and then layered them one on top of the other at the bottom of the page.


I mounted the photos on a pale blue sheet of card and ready to be placed into the centre of the page. Before sticking down the photos however, I added a checked blue die cut shaped card from the Burliegh Blue capsule collection. One of these was placed vertically to the right and the other horizontally to the left of where the photo was to be placed. I then added the photo.

I added cut strips of ribbon to both the left and right at the bottom of the page and secured these with staples I then added some embellishments I had left over from the Lucy Cromwell Papermania collection. these included wellies, a sentiment strip, watering can and bird boxes all on a garden theme, which I felt suited the page. 


To the right of the photo I added a journalling patch and at the base of the photo some Papermainia flowers from the Burliegh collection. Finally I added the title. I had thought to put ' Have Axe will travel' but changed it to Take one Axe.  

2 comments:

  1. That photo is hilarious! Love how such a pretty journal page has a huge axe in the middle! Your daughter has such a beautiful hair colour- lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the photos too its one that makes me smile too. At 19 shes still managed to keep the lovely hair though considerably longer. Trouble is she always wants to try dying it NO NO NO

      Delete