header

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Noticeboard

The other day I was at my friend Stella's house and she showed my a notice board she had made using fabric and wadding stretched over a picture canvas and secured with staples. You then added ribbons in a crisscross pattern and buttons.  I was intrigued and thought I'd give it a try. Here is my first attempt and even though its not quite perfect I'm pleased with it. 



I used elastic instead of ribbon, the sort used in lingerie. I thought this was more forgiving than ribbon, as it gives a little bit of stretch enabling bits to be slotted in with ease. Next time I intend to measure and mark my positioning of the elastic strips more carefully as they tended to move as you were securing and so some of the diamonds got a little distorted.  Its still functional and pretty. 

9 comments:

  1. Great idea.. I'd think the elastic is more secure, Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely, Dawn. I intended to put buttons at the intersections on mine but once I'd put the ribbon on I decided it didn't need the buttons after all. I just need some postcards now, please, lovely people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wish is my command. I did send you one from Vienna didn't I??

      Delete
    2. Yes,thank you, your Viennese postcard currently has pride of place. Would Wastey like a trip to South Wales soon?

      Delete
    3. He could do if hes not visiting somewhere else at the time

      Delete
  3. Stella I sent you one to put on OUR notice board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble is Sylvia she doesn't appreciate what we do for her ha ha ha

      Delete
  4. Ah, Sylvia, I was waiting for you to say something;-) ... and I fully appreciate everything that both of you do for me. Sometimes it's all that keeps me going xxx

    ReplyDelete