header

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Agnes the Unicorn

She may not be quite like Agnes' Unicorn from Despicable Me but I think she is rather cute even though I say so myself. Well Bryony asked if I could knit a Unicorn and I thought why not I knitted a horse so just a matter of adding a horn. It was a little harder to do as getting the correct wool proved nigh on impossible. We came up with a solution finally using wool and metallic embroidery thread, not ideal but it works.



Trouble is now some one has planted the idea of a Pegasus Pony in my dear daughters head. I wonder what would wings look like and what would you knit them from? Ideas people? 

2 comments:

  1. Can't help with how to make wings, but your unicorn is super cute. The pink mane is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my daughter loves her to bits. The wings are a bit of an interesting concept going to try some plastic fabric inside the knitting, or maybe I will make them out of thick felt. You can get some great twinkly felt now , but we'll see.
      I'm currently finishing a lion, his mane has been hard work.

      Delete