header

Monday 20 February 2017

No Longer a UFO

I cannot remember when I began this quilted picnic blanket but it is finally finished. I initially bought the fabrics because they caught my eye in amoungst a selection of reduced fat quarters. I had no particular project in mind I simply thought they looked so crisp and clean that I just had to buy them. I stored them for a good while until a suitable project came to mind. Of course when the project presents itself,  you never have quite enough fabric so starting on a project always means yet another visit to the  shops to buy more fabric.  

Well I got all the fabric together and began work, but of course a multitude of other things come up, and what started with great enthusiasm gets set aside for more immediate projects. However, this year I promised myself  I was going to make time to complete at least some of the UFO's I have in my craft room. So this is my first finished item, I also have some felt work almost completed so I feeling just a little smug.  I should point out I did get a little help from my friend Stella with the binding because as she pointed out 'I was doing it all wrong', so thank you Stella. 


Please note pictures do not to full justice to the colours as the green is much zinyer in real life.
Its ideal for a picnic blanket. 


Now I have this completed I have a picnic basket to line in the coordinating fabric hahaha always another job waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment