header

Saturday 11 February 2012

Guess Who?

Having finally got some photos developed of Christmas I thought it was time to get them made up into scrap book pages. I know when my daughter returns from University in Leeds she will have loads of photos and ideas she wants put into scrapbooks, plus I have a load of birthday cards to make, so its a case of stop the procrastination and get to it.

On Christmas Eve we all got together at my sisters for a fantastic meal and as you can see by the photos some after dinner entertainment. Well it was hilarious. We all gave each other a famous person, (or not so famous if the blank expressions some names selected received) and then were able to ask questions of the group in order to establish what name we had been given. 

As you can see my niece was given Margret Thatcher, not too hard to get. My husband had Tinky Winky resulting in a great deal of amusement, that, however, is another story. I love the photo the way my niece  is peering out from beneath the name stuck to her forehead and how may daughter is grinning cheekily behind her 

Jist look at the happy smiling faces
 
I went for some very festive colours for this page, it being Christmas and all that. I used a plain red 12 x 12 sheet of Coredinations Card to which I added  scalloped edged sheet covered in red poinsettias followed by a scalloped tartan border. Both these items I obtained from the DCWV Holiday Die Cut Sheets Pad , sadly its an old pad so I'm not sure if you can still get it.



I mounted the photo on a piece of beige sugar paper which I distressed with Tim Holtz inks. The photos was then placed slightly off centre at the bottom of the page.I 

Having secured the photo in place I then added some satin red ribbon across the page ready for the embellishments I wanted to add.

The original Basic Grey Sheet lovely isn't it? 


The embellishments  I used I made from a sheet of Basic Grey paper called 'Jovial Winter Garden' It was such lovely double sided paper but a bit too busy as a back ground for what I had in mind. I therefore cut out the flowers and leaves and decoupaged them to create the two embellishments. I placed one , the larger of the two in the top right hand corner and the other in the bottom left a tied a red satin bow to finish it off.   




Close up of the decoupage flowers
 


I used a bauble shape from the sheet to create this little finishing touch

I also added a Melissa Frances corner embellishment to the corner of the photo. I created the heading using 'Thickers' lettering and scalloped ovals in gold using my 'Spellbinders' die cutters Finally I added two Christmas stickers saying 'Christmas' and 'Joy', where they came from I'm not sure they were simply in amoungst my stash 'of bits I simply might make use of at sometime in the  future'.

I hope you enjoy the page.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful page love all the die cuts and piles of flowers...still laughing about the game tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother had Elvis Presley. Having established her character was a man and he was dead she suddenly asked, "I'm not Angelina Joley am I".
    When I think about that I still laugh too.

    ReplyDelete