header

Monday 20 February 2012

Out of the Blue

I recently came across some lovely blue Papermania paper from the 'Burleigh Blue' collection. I thought it was lovely. It reminded me of old blue and  white china which I have always be fond of. Anyway, I simply could not resist buying some, and of course I had to have some bows, buttons, flowers and borders all from the same collection. Yes, very naughty I know but you know how it is. It is so tempting and you convince yourself that of course you just have to have it all.

The paper maybe obtained from Hobby craft and other stockists inc  http://www.bgpaynecrafts.co.uk
Well, now I have confessed to my extravagance perhaps I should share my first page using the said purchases. Please excuse the photo I normally try to stay very firmly behind the camera. My husband was determined that since it was my first revisit to Plymouth since my student days he had to get some shots of me. Here I am in front of the stone arch that marks the point from which the Mayflower set sail  in 1620 for America   

Plymouth revisited 
For this page I used a plain pale blue basics sheet and then distress the edges using Tim Holtz distress ink. I also used acrylic paint  paint to create an edge and to stamp rings across the  centre of the page.For this I used card board and a old milk bottle top stamped into the paint and then onto the page, this I felt created an uneven distressed effect. 

I cropped the larger of the two photos and then cut the smaller shot down using a spellbinder oval die cut.

I then selected two sheets of the blue paper keeping to the circular motif I had already created using the bottle top. I tore these and then distressed the edges of the paper using the same ink I had used on the page surround. 

I mounted these pieces of paper in the centre of the page and to the right hand side of the sheet adjacent to these torn sheets I also placed a sheet of the checked blue and white designer die cut paper from the Burleigh Collection 
Die cut papers
 I then mounted the larger of the photos so it was slightly off set leaving an uneven border effect. I then placed the die cut photo in the upper right of the main photo.  

Main large flower
I then used paper flower embellishments, buttons and gem stones to decorate the card. I scattered the small flowers, which I had coloured using distress ink, randomly. The larger flower which again came from the Burleigh collection, I placed at the lower left hand corner of the photo.

Close up to show smaller flowers and the designer die cut sheet used
 
To finish I added a title and a small oval  journal tag.


The title

As you can imagine I have several sheets of paper and such like left from this collection so will no doubt be using it again. I think some might well be used in Mothers Day cards    

No comments:

Post a Comment