header

Thursday 1 March 2012

Cards, Cards, Cards.

In an attempt to relax and de-stress myself I decided to start making some more of my much needed supply of cards for birthdays, Mothers Day etc.

My first card is a Mothers Day card and for this I used  some of the Papermania Blue Burleigh Collection. You may have seem in an earlier post I did a Scrapbook page using the same paper collection.  

The completed card
I began the card by gate folding a piece of blue card from my stash. Its an uneven fold  because I think this is more interesting than the normal even folded cards. I then matt and layered using some darker blue card and some floral paper from the Burleigh Blue collection

I created embellishments using the large Burleigh Blue flowers together with some paper flowers from my stash and some buttons On the smaller gate fold side I placed one flower at the bottom and then a sentiment at the top which I finished off with a small blue bow from the Burleigh collection 

A close up of the floral embellishments

On the larger gate fold side I created a flower grouping using some of the large blooms from the Burleigh Blue collection, but I also used some die cut flowers using my Tim Holtz dies. I cut out the leaves from some metallic paper I had in my scraps collection, with a Memory Box die.To finish off I added some small metallic butterflies also from Papermania   

As I have said before I love the blue and white papers and I am pleased with the overall card. It definitely made me feel more relaxed making it   

4 comments:

  1. SOO pretty!! Send it to meee!! haha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for dropping by my blog Dawn... the blue and white is so pretty... beautiful card I'm sure the lucky recipient will love it.
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Dawn. Thank you for entering the Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge this week. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete